Make Nine in 2019

I am digging this Make Nine in 2019 hashtag.  I made 40+ in 2018, so I think I can make it through my make 9 challenge.  However, as I started combing through patterns, it occurred to me that much of what I want to make in 2019 is going to be hacked or I have yet to see the pattern.  That means, I can't really link to it.  But, since I have a blog, I can take the time and space to describe it!

This being my year of tailoring and menswear, my first make is going to be a matching tweed pant and vest (or waistcoat, if you will).  The pants are from burdastyle.  You can find them here.  I will be adding a cuff to the bottom of the pants.


The fabric that I'm using is a red, black, tan, and white tweed herringbone.  It has a very 70's vibe to it.  It's from fabricmartfabrics.com and you can link to it here.



My plan is to make these pants (will be my 4th pair) and add cuffs to the bottom and make a matching vest.  Like this one from here:


The plan is that this will be AMAZING and also a test for a black/gray crepe wool pin dot fabric that I have.  The inspiration for this outfit is from Atomic Blonde.


This is not a very telling pic of the outfit, but it's a vest and matching pants and white shirt.  Since I am not 6' fall and super skinny, I will wear a self made t-shirt fitted t-shirt underneath.  However, I have a collared shirt on my make 9 list.  Here is the pattern that I purchased (link is here):



I am so excited to make this.  Can I just digress for a moment on Charlize Theron?  How can she be my age and more mature and younger looking at the same time??  I want to hate her, but I just have a huge girl crush instead.  She's the jam. 

I hope you all have a great new year!  Happy sewing!!



Comments

Popular Posts